Saturday, March 17, 2012

Just A Little Wondering....

I often giggle and am amazed at how the boys interact with each other and some of the crazy antics they perform.  A couple of months ago I was watching them interact as we were hanging out in the living room, and I wondered "What would they be like if they were not twins and born as singletons?" (for those who don't know, singleton is the term twin mommys use to describe a single baby birth).  I wondered if their personalities would be different, how much, would they be more or less social, etc...  I'll never know, but I just let my mind wonder for a bit.  I then started rummaging through the rolodex of my mind and thought of snapshots, such as:
...when they had their twin language...for them it was just a few syllables but they would have so much joy when they spoke it.  One would start, the other would repeat and they would go back and forth, each time raising their voice to the next decibel level.  I tried to start it with them one day, and every once in a while they would indulge me and play along, but the majority of the time they would just look at me and shake their heads no, as if to say, "we aren't playing this game with you ~ don't you know mommy that you aren't a twin and this is just for us?" 
... when they just look at each other and giggle wildly (for apparently no visible reason)
... when they get on each other's last nerve in 1.5 seconds
...when they are so vocal and wild at home and then we go out in public or are with extended family/friends and they are quiet and well-mannered (not complaining about the well-mannered part, mind you)
...when Hunter just one day walked over to Braden and gave him the biggest bear hug EVER...momma was a MESS!
...when Braden walks over to Hunter when he gets hurt and gives him 'love', as if to say, "hey brother, it will be ok"  (Hunter doesn't always want it, but Braden sure wants to give it)
Many more memories, thoughts and ponderings, even as I sit here, flood my mind.  I know deep in my soul that I will never know the answer to my question, and that is ok.  I am happily content to never know the answer to my question.  Do I wonder?  YES!  Does it keep me up at night? NO!  I am crazy in love with my little guys and so thankful each and every day that God chose to bless me with a 'two-for-one' deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment